Job Title: Copywriter
Job Type: Internship (With Hiring Potential)
Red Meters is a specialty density measurement engineering firm based in Orlando, FL. In addition to producing density systems for a variety of industries, we are also an active source of industrial journalism. This, combined with our burgeoning market presence, has created the need for a long-form copywriting professional.
Red Meters is seeking a copywriting intern who will work directly with our Content Coordinator and Marketing Manager. This individual will have the opportunity to apply their skills and talents to a broad spectrum of topics and industries. This role incorporates technology, global business, advanced product analysis, and evolving marketing initiatives into an immersive marketing writer experience.
Apply if you are a dynamic, highly focused writer who can readily grasp varied technical/relational knowledge and communicate these ideas into compelling, concise, and consistent long-form material. During your internship at Red Meters, you will be evaluated on your performance and capabilities while on the job. If these aspects show excellence, you may be considered for either part- or full-time hire.
- Read and research current news in industries served by Red Meters. Develop blogs and articles from relevant material.
- Expand project-specific parameters and outlines into professional, communicable long-form copy.
- Assist with customer-facing communications, including: brochures, emails, newsletters, and website copy.
- Assist with internal documentation, including: project summaries, company descriptions, and product descriptions.
- Read and research customer and competitor materials and apply this knowledge to leveraging marketing texts.
- Degree in/pursuing English, Journalism, or a related field
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in copywriting, technical writing, or related field
- Excellent strategic thinking, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Proven skill writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy
Application should include 2-3 writing samples and links to previously posted content (if any).